Subscribe to our free daily newsletter and be entered for a chance to WIN $1,000.
You'll receive a daily update of local news from your community and more.
Submit your email address below and hit "Sign me up."
Already a subscriber? You are already entered for a chance to win!
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The winner will be determined by a random draw from all eligible entries.
- The contest winner will be contacted via email by September 7, 2023.
- The contest winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize. After that time, we will redraw.
- By entering the contest, you agree to the rules and regulations of the contest.
- This contest will operate over nine (9) Great West Media websites within the Great West Media network
Airdrie City View
Alberta Prime Times
Mountain View Today
Rocky Mountain Outlook
St. Albert Gazette
Town and Country Today
- Contest schedule: This contest starts at 6:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time on July 1, 2023, and closes at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on August 31, 2023.
- No entry will be accepted after the closing time. The person entering the contest (the "entrant") must submit and ensure receipt of entry.
- How to enter: No purchase necessary. There are two (2) ways to submit an entry to the contest.
- Already a subscriber. If you are already a subscriber to our daily headlines newsletter, you are automatically entered into this contest.
- Online. Complete the online contest entry form by submitting your email address.
PRIZE(S): There is one prize of $1,000 to be awarded to a randomly selected newsletter subscriber across the Great West Media network. Before the award of any prize, the winner must correctly answer unaided, a mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question (9 x 10) - 15 + 2 =. The winner will be awarded one prize only, $1,000 paid via cheque. The prize must be accepted as given.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible (subject to disqualification), an entrant must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of Alberta. An entrant will cease to be eligible and will be disqualified, if during the entry period, he/she/they is or becomes an employee of Great West Media, or a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sister, sons, daughters, and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates, representatives and advertising agencies. All decisions regarding the eligibility to enter this contest will be determined by Great West Media at their sole discretion. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: Great West Media reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way, if Great West Media determines, in their sole discretion, that the contest is impaired or corrupted or is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason or that fraud or technical issues, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity of the contest. In the event that the Contest is prevented from continuing due to any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, an act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat, war, or any public health crisis, or by any other cause not reasonably within Great West Media's control, then Great West Media hall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest.