At Bite Family Dentistry, Dr. Kara Bagdan and her team create happy, healthy, lasting smiles for patients of all ages. Dr. Natali Schindler, who decided to slow down her practice, passed the clinic on to Dr. Bagdan in July 2023.
Dr. Bagdan says, “I am grateful for the opportunity. In my years of being an associate dentist, I had many ideas to care for patients better and wasn’t able to implement them. When I got in touch with Natali, she was already running the practice in a way that was aligned with my beliefs.”
When whole-body wellness is considered, too many people overlook oral healthcare. However, oral health has a direct impact on all facets of health. For example, chronic inflammation in the mouth due to gum disease or oral infections can contribute to systemic inflammation throughout the body, increasing the risk of developing other health conditions. Poor oral health has also been linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases. Bacteria from oral infections can enter the bloodstream, leading to inflammation of blood vessels and potentially contributing to heart disease and stroke.
The dentists and hygienists at Bite Family Dentistry provide awareness and education about preventative oral care. Additionally, patients are always assured the best care and up-to-date treatments; Dr. Bagdan and her team go above and beyond the standard continuing education hours required for the practice. Where dentists need 60 continuing education hours every two years, Dr. Bagdan has completed 90 in the past year alone.
In addition to general and restorative dentistry and Invisalign, the clinic offers cosmetic dental treatments. Cosmetic dentistry can transform the size, shape, and alignment of teeth; fill in gaps; correct bites; whiten teeth and more. It all adds up to a healthier smile and higher levels of confidence.
Dr. Bagdan is also pleased to offer pediatric dental services, as previously, there was a lack of this in the Bow Valley. Now, instead of going to Cochrane or Calgary for treatment, children have the convenience of being treated right here in their hometown.
“I have lots of experience with kids and worked in a children's clinic before coming here. I have lots of treatment options and avoid traumatizing kids into being afraid of the dentist for life,” she adds.
Dr. Bagdan is pleased to offer services with a caring, dedicated team. All ages are welcomed into the warm and friendly clinic, and the personalised service ensures that each smile gets the attention it deserves. So, whether you're in need of general, preventative, cosmetic, or pediatric dental care, don't hesitate to reach out to Bite Family Dentistry. Learn more online, and follow this guide below for a lasting, healthy smile:
- Brush Regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably in the morning and before bed. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums.
- Choose the Right Toothpaste: Use fluoride toothpaste as it helps harden tooth enamel and reduces the risk of decay.
- Floss Daily: Flossing removes food particles and plaque from between your teeth and under the gum line where a toothbrush can't reach.
- Limit Sugary Foods and Drinks: Sugar converts into acid in the mouth, which can then erode the enamel of your teeth. These acids lead to cavities.
- Avoid Tobacco Products: Smoking or using other tobacco products can stain teeth, cause gum disease and oral cancer.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a check-up and professional cleaning to maintain good oral health.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Consuming a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and dairy products can help ensure your teeth get the necessary nutrients for health.
- Change Your Toothbrush Regularly: Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed.