The Canmore & Area Health Care Foundation (CAHCF) has partnered with the Canmore Hospital Ladies Auxiliary (LA) to offer support for community members that are pursuing careers in general health care and first responders as we believe that health workers are champions, deserve our gratitude, encouragement, and support.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
The 2023 Bow Valley HealthCare Scholarships are available to any person enrolled in a post secondary or equivalent training program in the 2023-24 academic year with the intention of pursuing a career in health care. Preference will be given to those individuals who indicate their intention to return to the Bow Valley corridor following graduation. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been accepted or currently enrolled in a fully accredited program in the 2023-24 academic year in a general health care field including but not limited to medicine, nursing (LPN, RN, BN, etc.), emergency services training, including paramedic certifications (EMR, EMS, PCP, FR and ACP), physiotherapy, occupational therapy, psychology, medical technicians, pharmacy, etc.
- Be enrolled as a full or part time student in 2023-24
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be a permanent resident of the Bow Valley which includes Stoney First Nation, Canmore, Banff, Kananaskis, and the hamlets of Lake Louise, Harvie Heights, Dead Man’s Flats, Exshaw, and Lac des Arcs. Preference given to those students who plan on returning to work at Canmore General or the Bow Valley and surrounding area upon completion of their program.
- Certify that all information provided in their application form and in all accompanying documents are true, accurate and complete
How to Apply
The application process is simple! First, complete the application form, which can be found on the Canmore Health Foundation's website. You'll also need to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- A 250-word essay, stating your reason for choosing a healthcare profession and how you anticipate that this education opportunity will support your career path
- A breakdown/itemized list of anticipated expenses
- A letter of recommendation / support from a member of the community
- Resume or CV
- Confirmation of registration
The application deadline is June 30th, 2023 so don't delay! We can't wait to see your application.
More On the Scholarships
We will be awarding several scholarships to qualified applicants. With the success of last year’s program, we have expanded our offering with plans to award more scholarships to qualified applicants.
This scholarship is intended to help students pursue their education and advance their careers in healthcare, so we encourage all eligible students to apply.
About the Canmore Health Foundation
The Canmore and Area Health Care Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the healthcare needs of the Canmore community. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a fundamental right, and we work tirelessly to ensure that everyone in our community has access to the care they need. Our various programs and initiatives are designed to improve the health and well-being of the people in the Canmore area.
Donating to the CAHCF is a great way to support our mission and make a difference in the lives of your fellow community members. All donations are tax-deductible, and you can make a donation easily through our website.
We're excited to offer this scholarship opportunity to local students who are passionate about healthcare and committed to making a difference in the field. Whether you're planning to pursue a career in nursing, medicine, physical therapy, or healthcare administration, we encourage you to apply for the Bow Valley Healthcare Scholarship. Our scholarship committee will be reviewing applications throughout the month of July, and we'll be announcing the winner in August 2023.
So what are you waiting for? Apply for the CAHCF Scholarship today and take the first step toward a fulfilling and rewarding career in healthcare. We can't wait to see all the great things you'll accomplish!