Councillor; Security Systems Integrator
* Owner/operator at Russell Protective Services 1993 to present
* Counillor, Town of Canmore 2007 to May 2012; 2013 to present
* Bylaw Enforcement Officer, Town of Banff
* Motor Transport Officer, Alberta Transportation
* Conservation Education Officer, Alberta Fish and Wildlife
* Park Ranger, Alberta Recreation and Parks
* Royal Canadian Legion – executive board
* Knights of Columbus – executive board
* Canmore Community Daycare – executive board
* Canmore Canada Day Committee
* Canmore Folk Festival
* Canmore Highland Games
* Bow Valley Regional Housing – board member, past chair
* Bow Valley Waste Management Commission – board member
* Canmore Community Housing Corporation – Board Member
* Subdivision Development Appeal Board
* Canmore Planning Commission
* Canmore Public Library Board
* Canmore Heliport Commission
* Bow Corridor Environmental Advisory Group
* Community Services Advisory Group
* Calgary Regional Airshed Zone
* Intermunicipal Committee
* Police Committee
I have always worked in helping professions, with progressing responsibilities,and had an interest in politics. After some campaign failures, I took office as a Councillor in 2007. As I learned the job, I trained, and gained experience, and enjoyed the rewards of the job. Now, I seek a chance to use the skills I have developed to lead a successful Council that will make truly enhance the quality of life in Canmore.
* Experience – 3rd term in office
* Representation – I listen to constituents and take their viewpoints forward
* Courage to take a stand on behalf of residents
* Secure, affordable housing is a daily worry for anyone who does not own.
* Communication – get the message out so people know what’s going on
* Finances – effective, clear, transparent, budgets that maximize the value of the tax dollar
* Parking – we need effective, realistic solutions to parking.
* Photo radar is not achieving the goal.
Affordability, coupled with a shortage of housing, while managing a dwindling land base in a respectful manner to our ecosystem is our greatest challenge.
* On Facebook at Ed Russell For Mayor
* email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* telephone: 403-688-5296
* stop me anywhere on the street. (I am often found near places that serve coffee.)