* Owner/operator at Russell Protective Services 1993 to present
* Counillor, Town of Canmore 2007 to May 2012; 2013 to present
* Bylaw Enforcement Officer, Town of Banff
* Motor Transport Officer, Alberta Transportation
* Conservation Education Officer, Alberta Fish and Wildlife
* Park Ranger, Alberta Recreation and Parks
Volunteer, community or committee/board experience:
* Royal Canadian Legion - executive board
* Knights of Columbus - executive board
* Canmore Community Daycare - executive board
* Canmore Canada Day Committee
* Canmore Folk Festival
* Canmore Highland Games
* Bow Valley Regional Housing - board member, past chair
* Bow Valley Waste Management Commission - board member
* Canmore Community Housing Corporation - Board Member
* Subdivision Development Appeal Board
* Canmore Planning Commission
* Canmore Public Library Board
* Canmore Heliport Commission
* Bow Corridor Environmental Advisory Group
* Community Services Advisory Group
* Calgary Regional Airshed Zone
* Intermunicipal Committee
* Police Committee
How long have you lived in the community:
Why are you running for public office:
I have always worked in helping professions, with progressing responsibilities,and had an interest in politics. After some campaign failures, I took office as a Councillor in 2007. As I learned the job, I trained, and gained experience, and enjoyed the rewards of the job. Now, I seek a chance to use the skills I have developed to lead a successful Council that will make truly enhance the quality of life in Canmore.
What qualities or characteristics would you bring to public office:
* Experience - 3rd term in office
* Representation - I listen to constituents and take their viewpoints forward
* Courage to take a stand on behalf of residents
What issues are important to you as a candidate:
* Secure, affordable housing is a daily worry for anyone who does not own.
* Communication - get the message out so people know what's going on
* Finances - effective, clear, transparent, budgets that maximize the value of the tax dollar
* Parking - we need effective, realistic solutions to parking.
* Photo radar is not achieving the goal.
What is the greatest challenge facing elected officials in the community when it comes to planning for the future of the community:
Affordability, coupled with a shortage of housing, while managing a dwindling land base in a respectful manner to our ecosystem is our greatest challenge.
How can people find out more about you or ask you questions: